Author Topic: - Moderators Please delete -  (Read 12088 times)

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
- Moderators Please delete -
« on: 11/16/09 - 05:22AM »
I know this isnt a jeep but figured you guys would want to see my build up. What I am working with is a mix/match of previous owners work. As you can see it was missing quite a bit...

Got it home and up on jack stands. Here are the progress pics.

Donor pathy for doors, front clip, head and tail lights, rear axle, windshield, etc...

Had to cut the cage off to get most of the body parts on.

Got the axles under it.

The plans are to run 37's, have full sheet metal with a reworked front exo to match the existing rear exo. Hydro assist steering with full high steer, pathy rear, waggy front, locked all around and some t-case crawler gears. Interior is completely gutted and I have obtained 20ft worth of 10 guage sheetmetal that I will be making custom door panels and skinning the rear tub with. After that, everything gets rhino lined. The front is going to be moved 1" forward next weekend and complete high steer is being installed. I have the upper links installed in the rear. I am making the lowers this weekend. When the lowers are installed it will push the axle back 2" as well. So these pics dont exactly show the actual wheelbase.
« Last Edit: 10/25/11 - 11:12PM by 90finder »
1993 Pathfinder - SAS, 37's, EXO, and some other junk....

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
Re: pathy rebuild
« Reply #1 on: 11/16/09 - 05:31AM »
The front is a waggy 44 converted to spring over. It will have hydro asisst, full high steer, 5.13's, yukon shafts, lockouts, and a arb. As for tires, all 4 are 38.5/14.50 tsl's that I grooved. I really need to find some 37/12.50's. I finished the rear long arm set up today. Uppers ended up being 24" and the lowers are 38". It pushed the axle back 2.5".

Here is a shot from the rear. Once the build is completely mocked up, it will all get tore down and everything cleaned up/painted. I am having a hard time figuring out what coils to use as I need like 7" - 8" of lift out back.

Here is the final resting place of the rear axle. It is 2.5" further backwards then stock. As of now, this gives me an overall wheel base of 105". Once the front is forward 1" I will be at 106".

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #2 on: 11/16/09 - 02:02PM »
Doesn't have to be a Jeep; the board description say "Anything and Everything". The more build threads the better, gives us all inspiration. Looking forward to seeing what all you do with it.
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 11/16/09 - 02:05PM »
Looks like the P.O. waited until the body was beat on a bit before the EXO.  Nice project man.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline TJ-2thousand

• Level 4
  • When in doubt, throttle out!!!
« Reply #4 on: 11/16/09 - 02:55PM »
nice lookin project man!!!
CAMPING WITHOUT BEER IS JUST SLEEPING OUTSIDE!

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #5 on: 11/16/09 - 09:44PM »
Thanks Guys for the support. I will keep posting up as it progresses. As for the previous owners, yeah, he had rolled it prior to tranplanting the cage from another Nissan pathfinder. I'm hoping to have this thing ready for a shakedown run by the end of December.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #6 on: 11/16/09 - 10:44PM »
Let me know when you are ready to start buying the 44 parts I'll see what kind of a deal I can set you up with.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #7 on: 11/17/09 - 12:26AM »
Let me know when you are ready to start buying the 44 parts I'll see what kind of a deal I can set you up with.

Pimpin' ain't easy...J/K

Nice build, the donor vehicle looked to be in better shape than the project.  I assume the cage was the deciding factor?

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #8 on: 11/17/09 - 01:15AM »

I will. It will be in 3 weeks.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #9 on: 11/17/09 - 01:25AM »

Nice build, the donor vehicle looked to be in better shape than the project.  I assume the cage was the deciding factor?

Actually no, the cage and the fact that the back half was already cut off played a small role but the deciding factors were really because the project vehicle already had the calmini front SAS kit installed, custom built crossmembers to tuck the drivetrain up 2" with the body lift, the mounts for the rear long arm still intact, also the motor has JDM cams, port/polished heads, headers, and a center force dual friction clutch. It just looked really, really ugly..... It was a lot easier to swap things that bolt on vs the entire drivetrain and then the cage, sliders, and rear bumper that were all welded on.  :)

Offline xj42

• Level 3
« Reply #10 on: 11/17/09 - 11:27PM »
I see, it just wasn't much to look at in that first picture, sitting in the ditch.  Looks good now though

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #11 on: 11/18/09 - 12:00AM »
I know right! It was so sad seeing it sit around like that for the last year or so, it used to be such a capable rig. The previous owners lost interest and parted most of it out for other projects.

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #12 on: 02/19/10 - 08:29PM »
Just wanted tp update the build. Its gettgin closer to being completed but not quite there yet...

Installed the ebc 5.5" springs. Need to build a panhard drop bracket and get it installed to stop the sideways axle movement and get it centered. Also because of the extended wheelbase im going to have to cut off the upper coil spring buckets and move them back 2 inches. As you can see, my springs are not very functional like this....

With all this damn snow we have been getting and the below freezing weather for the last few weeks I havent been able to make anymore progress. Heres my current list of parts waiting for install:

Calmini SYE - really needed with the stretched rear wheelbase and to get rid of the slip yoke.

Square tube - To build front and rear driveshafts, this will be a trailer queen and square tube shafts can take a lot of abuse from rocks.

BTF Front shock hoop kit - I didnt like the F 250 shock towers that were installed by the previous owner.

Ballistic fab hysteer system - 1 ton TRE's and high steer arms.

Ignore the faggity orange and yellow, they will be black before I put them on...

I got a set of rear springs off an 88 4 runner to move the front axle forward 2". Im not happy though with how soft the set I have is though so I will be using the toyota main leaf and the rest of the waggy pack.

I also scored 2 realy good shape used seats and harnesses today for $200 bones!!!!

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #13 on: 04/ 7/10 - 05:29PM »
UPS delivered my new wheels today. They are just one more thing to add to my every growing pile of parts waiting to go in this thing.... They are 15 x 10 Allied Rockathon beadlocks. : )

Offline 90finder

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 04/22/10 - 05:25AM »
Finally making some progress on this build again.... Trailered it out to my buddies house seeing as how with my current schedule I can only work on it after 8:00pm and he is out of city limits.

« Last Edit: 04/24/10 - 02:35AM by 90finder »