Author Topic: Thanks to all who helped, Jeep seems good to go.  (Read 2310 times)

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
Thanks to Darrell for hosting this event, your garage is perfect and your family was so nice to take the day off so we could get this done.  Thanks goes to Jimmy for helping me see that his dream lift was right for me.  I'd have not started this if it wasn't for that Rubi of yours.  I can't have it way higher than mine.   :biggrin:   Thanks to Roger who helped get things going.  You knew where to start and eveyone just fell in.  Thanks for helping even though you had to go home and move funiture.    Thanks Aron for being able to explain to me in a way I understood what was going on.  Also thanks for sticking it though till the end when we felt like falling asleep on the floor.  John and Olena you alway make me feel way more sane and secure about things.  Thanks for comming out and working hard on getting my Jeep lifted.  

It amazes me that you all know so much about this.  I think it'd be great if the club could get together and do more things like this.  It's nice to get to meet members and I'm sure you'll see my Jeep and feel some part of it now.

I'll get pics up tonight.  Thanks again you all worked so hard.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
Re: Thanks to all who helps, Jeep seems good to go.
« Reply #1 on: 10/ 2/06 - 11:48AM »
Glad to help, hope your enjoying having a lifted jeep.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
Re: Thanks to all who helped, Jeep seems good to go.
« Reply #2 on: 10/ 2/06 - 12:48PM »
This was such a good time... The club needs to do stuff like this more often. Helping eachother out.. saving money.. what's not to love?

I really enjoyed getting to know everyone better and look forward to more wheeling, wrenching and hangin out.

Glad all is well Steph! When do I get to drive it!?!

ps. you now need a new avatar. :agree:
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #3 on: 10/ 2/06 - 12:52PM »
Hopefully more ground clearance will keep those scratches and DENTS out of your skids and essential steel parts.
Is it possible for a jeep to ever truely be finished?<br /><br />Only the dead have seen the end of war---Plato

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #4 on: 10/ 2/06 - 12:56PM »
post up some of those pics Steph!
EVERY NORMAL MAN MUST BE TEMPTED AT TIMES TO SPIT ON HIS HANDS, HOIST THE BLACK FLAG, AND BEGIN SLITTING THROATS.

Offline LoneWolf

• Level 5
« Reply #5 on: 10/ 2/06 - 01:05PM »
Oh, you forgot to thank the American Bantam Car Company who originally invented the JEEP, and thanks to Willeys for pulling a Bill Gates and carrying on with the vehicles we all love.

Offline LibertyPatriot

• I vote for BACON!
  • Charter Members
  • Level 5
  • Web Wheeler!
« Reply #6 on: 10/ 2/06 - 01:49PM »
Quote from: "ISO"
Oh, you forgot to thank the American Bantam Car Company who originally invented the JEEP, and thanks to Willeys for pulling a Bill Gates and carrying on with the vehicles we all love.

And Ford for putting competitive pressure on both Bantom and Willy's.
I'd put something funny here, but you probably wouldn't get it anyway...

Offline OJTV8CJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 4
« Reply #7 on: 10/ 2/06 - 01:49PM »
Quote from: "YellowTJ"
John and Olena you alway make me feel way more sane

How crazy are you?   :biggrin:

Glad that you got your lift on.  This kinda stuff happens allot more than you realize - I have worked on 3 other Jeeps in the past couple of weeks because FallFest is coming up.  I think that I have one more to help on but....  There is allot o knowledge in the club and other members are a great resource to use.  Congrats on the lift.
I cut sheetmetal for free.  It's fixing it that get's expensive.

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #8 on: 10/ 2/06 - 03:18PM »
When do I get to drive it!?!
Wll before Christy dose that's for sure.  I don't think the oil pan will take another hit like the last one she put in there.

How crazy are you?  
Fairly crazy.  My Jeep thinks I'm a dream come true though.  It gets all sorts of bling and gets to wheel way more than it goes to the mall.

Pics will be up when I get home.  I'm sending them to Jimmy so he can put them on his pic site.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline OldYJ

• Charter Members
  • Level 5
« Reply #9 on: 10/ 4/06 - 01:32AM »
glad it is working out good. now its time to take it out and see how it realy works.

as far as the club doing more things like this. we are all the club and all it takes is one person saying" hey I need some help" there is usaly someone out there willing to jump in. big fat burgers does not hurt any either  :brows:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
those who are willing to work and give to those who would not"
Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJ_Aaron

• Level 5
  • Jeep @ Disney
« Reply #10 on: 10/ 4/06 - 01:35AM »
Ya the burgers and all the other things that was with them was a nice change.

So when we gonna get some pics?

Get it aligned yet?

Aaron

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #11 on: 10/ 4/06 - 12:26PM »
http://community.webshots.com/user/scrubbyb

How much fun pics are up.  I added my stock pic, medium, and the way it is now on there.
color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline switchin'addiction

• Level 1
« Reply #12 on: 10/ 4/06 - 12:50PM »
Looks good!  Congratulations on getting the lift!!

Offline YellowTJ

• Level 2
« Reply #13 on: 10/ 4/06 - 12:54PM »
Just 8 months ago....

Also 8 months ago 2.5 inch lift....

to this 4 inch lift with 33" tires....

color=yellow]
_l----l_
OlllllllO
[]--o-[]      "YellowTJ"

Offline freds_94

• Level 3
« Reply #14 on: 10/ 4/06 - 01:47PM »
let me know how it rides, i would like to go back to a 4" lift, but kinda afraid since after i put one on my other jeep, i lost all flex and it rode really rough.
trying to raise a teenager is like nailing jello to a tree